TENURE-TRACK RESEARCH POSITION IN OPTICS
The Center for Scientific Research and Higher Education of Ensenada (CICESE), calls for an open competition to occupy a tenure-track position at its Department of Optics of the Division of Applied Physics.
The Department of Optics is a well-established department of more than 45 years. It fulfills two fundamental academic activities: on the one hand, it carries out basic and applied research in the field of optics and photonics; on the other, it is dedicated to training young researchers through Master and PhD programs in optics.
The Department of Optics has a staff of 20 tenured researchers and 4 researchers from the “Researchers for Mexico” program of CONACyT (Mexico’s equivalent of USA’s NSF). Most of the researchers have international prestige and belong to Mexico’s “Sistema Nacional de Investigadores” (National System of Researchers).
The research lines currently being developed at the Department of Optics are light scattering, optical fibers, image processing, nonlinear optics, lasers, laser processing of materials, advanced microscopy, integrated optics, optical sensors, plasmonics, optics and quantum information, nanooptics and biophotonics.
CHARACTERISTICS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Optics offers a tenure-track position to reinforce its current research activities and possibly start a new line of research.
We are seeking a candidate that can carry out cutting-edge scientific research on topics that are also attractive to our postgraduate students.
- Ph.D. in Science or Engineering.
- Postdoctoral or equivalent experience.
Experience and skills:
- Experience in scientific research in optics and the publication of peer-reviewed publications in reputable journals. A minimum of 5 publications is required; the candidate must be the main author in at least two of them (first author or corresponding author).
- Experience in the dissemination of scientific knowledge (for example, academic seminars, popular articles, conference participations, and proceedings).
Aspects that will be taken into consideration:
- Experience in thesis supervision.
- Experience in obtaining funds for research.
- Potential to carry out independent research, which will be evaluated mainly by the candidate’s publications in high-impact journals.
- Experience in obtaining projects within the social, governmental or productive sectors.
- Ability and willingness to carry out interdisciplinary work and to interact with other groups at CICESE and neighboring institutions, on topics such as biophotonics, quantum optics and information, optical communications, renewable energies and nano-photonics, to name a few examples.
Learn more here: https://bit.ly/3cjk6oi