CLEO 2022 – We are back as a hybrid event – Here is what you can expect and what to look forward to.
CLEO 2022 runs from Sunday 15 May to Friday 20 May and is held at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose. The event will be held as a hybrid event with in-person and virtual presentations and is packed with fascinating talks, novel research and great opportunities to come together and network again.
CLEO offers a selection of 29 short courses this year, starting on Sunday and lasting to Tuesday. The technical sessions are held from Monday to Friday with 5 plenary sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday. With more than 2,000 technical talks by experts in the field and with 115 invited speakers from around the world, this conference should not be missed.
Plenary talks will cover exciting topics from quantum processors to ultrafast laser science and silicon photonics latest advancements:
Looking a bit closer into the different sessions, CLEO offers 6 different tracks this year:
- Compact Technologies for Wearable Devices
- Laser Surface Functionalization for Antibacterial and Medical Applications
- Micro- and Nanomechanics in Photonic Integrated Circuits
- Photonics Technologies for Advancements in Ophthalmic Applications
- Specialty Fibers for Ultrafast Lasers
- Space Optics
In addition to these technical tracks there are also 6 special sessions about different topics ranging from optical material science, quantum technology, sensing and career development.
Regular CLEO visitors will know about the Special Symposia program about areas of special interest, which is hosted every year by leaders in the field. This year, the program consists of 8 tracks:
- Crossroads of Metaphotonics: Computational Imaging and Reconfigurable Metasurfaces
- Entangled Two-Photon Absorption: New Opportunities in Molecular Science and Spectroscopy
- Light Control in Complex Medium: Fundamentals and Applications
- Novel Phenomena in Time-variant Photonics
- Optical Frequency Combs in Dissipative Fiber Systems
- Space-Time Optics
- Topological Lasers
- Ultrafast Mid-IR Laser Sources and Applications
We hope you are looking forward to CLEO as much as we do and we hope to speak to you in our IEEE Photonics Society lounge at CLEO. We will also be running interviews at our lounge and would love to hear about your experience with CLEO, your career path and anything else you would like to share.